USBMS INTERVIEW WITH XILENTIUM (AZ)
Thanks to NOOSE from U.S.B.M.S For Helping To Make This Interview Happen
1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have not heard of you before?
We are Xilentium. We play music defined as Depressive Black Metal. Our music reflects from feelings, death and hatred. Xilentium is born from solitude.
2. What is going on with the band these days?
We are currently working on our 1st full length called "Sorrowful Journey In Depths Of Despair" It will contain the demo tracks (rerecorded) and 4-5 new tracks. We have some Rehearsal stuff out there, but the songs for the full length have not been shared yet. The album will be worth the wait.
3. I know this use to be a 1 man project and now there is a full band, what made you decide to get other people involved?
This band was never meant to be a one man band. In the beginning, I did all the instruments. It was hard. I devoted my life to the art of Xilentium. But in the end I lacked not having a real drummer. In 2007, I met Lord Demogorgon at a Wolves In The Throne Room Show Through A Mutual Friend. We both shared the same interest, and musical talents. So we started practicing and it was it, Xilentium was born.
4. Have you had the oppurtunity to do a live show yet, if so how would you describe your stage performance?
We do have live rituals. we had a Dvd release last year. But being loyal to the art of Xilentium we do not expose our rituals to other genres of music. Black Metal represents chaos and must remain in the darkness. Our stage performance is very dark and foggy with candles lit; very basic.
5. How would you describe your musical progress over the last couple of years and what direction do you see the music heading into during the future?
Now that we are a full band we have progressed enough to where we both are satisfied. Our demo has been reissued 3 times (100 Copies Each Issue) and has sold well. We are happy with the feedback.
6. How would you describe the lyrical content of the newer music?
Our lyrical content has always reflected from our Obscure Spirit of Desolate Blackness. Suffering is the only truth we all know. Born in a Void. our souls only exist in Somberness.
7. What are some bands or music styles that have influenced the current sound of the music, and what are you listening to nowadays?
Our music has always been influenced by many great artist. The LLN is the most inspiring to us. We also want to elaborate on how the Concilium bands have inspired us as well. But over all, we write music from within not others.
8. Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in the music?
Yes, in deed, as said, "Born from Solitude". This reflection has a goal to destroy the very weak infected world, and destroy the Christian "GOD". Ave
9. Where do you see black metal heading into now that it's 2010?
We do not care to see through the eyes of the weak. Black Metal is dead, but there is a underground that lies within. The trend side of it will always be shit, but in between it all there is some revolutionary stuff. Black Metal will never be the same as it once was. The internet is shit.
10. How would you describe the metal scene in Arizona?
Arizona sucks. We have no scene only a bunch of false supporters who never go to shows unless its for there own status and Image Gain. Fuck the AZ USBMS Promoters. They Are False and shit. They Say "USBMS" but they support all metal how gay! This town is full of gothic freaks and false "Satanist".
11. What are some interests that you have outside of music?
The only interest we have other then the obvious is to watch humanity suffer and self destruct. Chaos!
12. Any final words or thoughts?
May it be a warning to all the maggots who have misused Satanism: Your stay on earth is not much longer, you will return to your voided life you have always meant to be. We will reach the Summit of Darkness" with all our Brothers and Sisters. Ave Satanas
For band info contact